Monday, August 5, 2013

Red Power Ranger Bust Cake

Happy Birthday!!! I made this power ranger bust cake on Sunday for my boyfriend's 19th birthday! He liked power rangers when he was little so I decided to have him relive those days by making him this cake. It's a red velvet cake with buttercream frosting inside and covering the entire cake. I didn't cover this cake with fondant. Instead I smoothed out some buttercream all over the cake and air brushed it with red food coloring. Although, I did use some fondant to make the white triangles, eyes and mouth. This cake had a lot of trial and error especially since it is my first time air brushing a cake. It didn't come out quite as I envisioned, but that's expected since I'm a beginner with the air brush and covering in only buttercream. The cake turned out good &  I'm so glad Joel liked it!

1 comment:

  1. Very neat!! What size cakes did you use to make this bust?? I'm pretty new to carving, but this looks like something I'd like to try! Just gotta figure out where to start...

    ReplyDelete