Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bambi cake! Mother-daughter collaboration.


This Sunday my mom asked me to help her make my brother Michael's girlfriend a birthday cake. She loves Bambi so mom wanted to do something with that theme. She doesn't know how to work with fondant or make homemade buttercream frosting so in lieu of that she bought Betty Crocker frosting to cover the cake with. Store bought frosting is harder to work with for me than homemade frosting, but thankfully it came out alright. She made two strawberry cakes in the shape of a heart and stacked them onto each other & we frosted it in vanilla frosting colored brown and green. She had me make two baby deer figurines out of fondant to place on top of the cake. 
Mom did a good job on the cake...it came out looking so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment